Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Working with line OLE objects

Hi,

I work with Excel to calculate some charts and tables that are copie
and pasted to a PowerPoint with the automation.

One of the parts of these reports is to show an upward arrow whe
results grow significantly and arrow down when it falls for eac
element in the table.

I done this putting two visible arrows line objects in every row of th
table. Then the formula checks the results and accordingly hid
unneeded arrows using visible=false. (please see the workshee
attached, no code attached).

It works fine apart from one issue - I find it difficult to work wit
line OLE objects. I try to do it using the name "Line_xx", where xx i
a number. Unfortunately numbers easily change if I modify the workbook
Moreover if I copy attached worksheet to another workbook lines wil
also change the numbering. On the other hand I have to know what is th
number of the particular line as sometimes the calculation vary betwee
factors.

I feel there must be an easy solution somehow I can't see. I'l be ver
thankful for any ideas.

Thanks a lot,

Micha

Attachment filename: arrows.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56239

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michal

Try naming the lines explicitly, eg. "mLine_xx"
ie. select a line then enter its new name into the Name Box

Kevin Beckham

I work with Excel to calculate some charts and tables

that are copied
and pasted to a PowerPoint with the automation.

One of the parts of these reports is to show an upward

arrow when
results grow significantly and arrow down when it falls

for each
element in the table.

I done this putting two visible arrows line objects in

every row of the
table. Then the formula checks the results and

accordingly hide
unneeded arrows using visible=false. (please see the

worksheet
attached, no code attached).

It works fine apart from one issue - I find it difficult

to work with
line OLE objects. I try to do it using the

name "Line_xx", where xx is
a number. Unfortunately numbers easily change if I modify

the workbook.
Moreover if I copy attached worksheet to another workbook

lines will
also change the numbering. On the other hand I have to

know what is the
number of the particular line as sometimes the

calculation vary between
factors.

I feel there must be an easy solution somehow I can't

see. I'l be very
thankful for any ideas.

Thanks a lot,

Michal