Anthony

Default right click on objects not working

Hi,
I am trying to asaign a macro to an inserted picture or even an object buit
the right click doesn't work.
I have done the following when I couldn't right click anywhere but I still
can't get it to work on the pics/objects..here is what I did before

Opened the VB Immediate window and typed
application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true

any help apreciated.

Anthony

Dave,
If you meen under Tools-Protection, I have not protected the
workbook/worksheet, so that isn't the problem - as far as I can see.
Cheers
Anthony

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?
Is the workbook shared?

Anthony wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to asaign a macro to an inserted picture or even an object buit
the right click doesn't work.
I have done the following when I couldn't right click anywhere but I still
can't get it to work on the pics/objects..here is what I did before

Opened the VB Immediate window and typed
application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true

any help apreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How about tools|share workbook?
(or do you see [Shared] in the title bar?)

One more guess...

Do you have multiple worksheets selected--do you see [Group] in the title bar?

Anthony wrote:

Dave,
If you meen under Tools-Protection, I have not protected the
workbook/worksheet, so that isn't the problem - as far as I can see.
Cheers
Anthony

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?
Is the workbook shared?

Anthony wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to asaign a macro to an inserted picture or even an object buit
the right click doesn't work.
I have done the following when I couldn't right click anywhere but I still
can't get it to work on the pics/objects..here is what I did before

Opened the VB Immediate window and typed
application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true

any help apreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Anthony

Dave,
On Tools / share workbook I have the 'Allow changes by more than one user at
a time' box unchecked, and the title bar shows 'Exclusive' - that is if I'm
looking at the correct place - being a novice and all.

Anthony wrote:

Dave,
If you meen under Tools-Protection, I have not protected the
workbook/worksheet, so that isn't the problem - as far as I can see.
Cheers
Anthony

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?
Is the workbook shared?

Anthony wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to asaign a macro to an inserted picture or even an object buit
the right click doesn't work.
I have done the following when I couldn't right click anywhere but I still
can't get it to work on the pics/objects..here is what I did before

Opened the VB Immediate window and typed
application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true

any help apreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

It sounds like the workbook isn't shared--so that's not it.

Did you look at the [group] question?

(I'm out of guesses...)

Anthony wrote:

Dave,
If you meen under Tools-Protection, I have not protected the
workbook/worksheet, so that isn't the problem - as far as I can see.
Cheers
Anthony

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?
Is the workbook shared?

Anthony wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to asaign a macro to an inserted picture or even an object buit
the right click doesn't work.
I have done the following when I couldn't right click anywhere but I still
can't get it to work on the pics/objects..here is what I did before

Opened the VB Immediate window and typed
application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true

any help apreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Anthony

well many thanks for trying,
cheers
Anthony

Anthony wrote:

Dave,
If you meen under Tools-Protection, I have not protected the
workbook/worksheet, so that isn't the problem - as far as I can see.
Cheers
Anthony

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?
Is the workbook shared?

Anthony wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to asaign a macro to an inserted picture or even an object buit
the right click doesn't work.
I have done the following when I couldn't right click anywhere but I still
can't get it to work on the pics/objects..here is what I did before

Opened the VB Immediate window and typed
application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true

any help apreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Duke Carey

Any chance you have an add-in loaded that modifies the right-click action?
Essbase, for instance, can cause this type of behavior, but has settings to
allow you to turn it off.