Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mbobro[_7_] mbobro[_7_] is offline

Default Working with line OLE objects

Hi,

I work with Excel to calculate some charts and tables that are copie
and pasted to a PowerPoint with the automation.

One of the parts of these reports is to show an upward arrow whe
results grow significantly and arrow down when it falls for eac
element in the table.

I done this putting two visible arrows line objects in every row of th
table. Then the formula checks the results and accordingly hid
unneeded arrows using visible=false. (please see the workshee
attached, no code attached).

It works fine apart from one issue - I find it difficult to work wit
line OLE objects. I try to do it using the name "Line_xx", where xx i
a number. Unfortunately numbers easily change if I modify the workbook
Moreover if I copy attached worksheet to another workbook lines wil
also change the numbering. On the other hand I have to know what is th
number of the particular line as sometimes the calculation vary betwee
factors.

I feel there must be an easy solution somehow I can't see. I'l be ver
thankful for any ideas.

Thanks a lot,

Micha

Attachment filename: arrows.xls