Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Seperate column

I have one column with the following information:

Last-name1 space Last-name2 space Name

The names are of different lenghts.
I have to seperate Last-name1, Last-name2 and Name and put
them in seperate columns. So from one column I have to go
to 3 columns.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hildo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
use 'Data - Text to columns' for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hildo wrote:
I have one column with the following information:

Last-name1 space Last-name2 space Name

The names are of different lenghts.
I have to seperate Last-name1, Last-name2 and Name and put
them in seperate columns. So from one column I have to go
to 3 columns.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hildo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hildo

Try DataText to ColumnsDeleimited by space.

Should work if you have just the three names in the cell(s).

If more, like Van der Sander, Van der Meer, Hildo, you will have to do some
juggling and possibly re-gluing after.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP