Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ExcelConfused

Default Excel - returning column headers in a seperate column

I have a large table filled with data. Each row is a named place, each
column a named supplier - the data table corresponds to tenders. On the
right hand side of the completed table, I have a column which picks out the
lowest tender for each place ("Lowest Bid"). What I now want to do is create
another column on the right of the "Lowest Bid" column to pick up the
"Prefered Supplier". I.E. the supplier named in the title row which provided
us with the lowest tender. I have tried this is in numerous different ways
without success. The table is too large for me to consider doing it
manually. Help would be very much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Try:

=OFFSET($A$1,0,MATCH(N2,B2:M2,0))

Assumes Suppliers start in B1 and bid prices are in columns B to M

N2="Lowest Bid"
B2:M2 contain bid prices

Put in O2 i.e. cell next to "Lowest Bid" and Copy down

HTH