Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA: UserForm Component not Correctly Registered

I have a program developed in Excel that works fine on 99.999% of our
customers PC's that run all different versions of Excel. When
installed on a particular client's PC (running Excel 2000 SP-1) they
receive the follwoing error on file open:

"Microsoft Visual Basic: Component not Correctly Registered"

When clicking on 'Help' the following appears:

"Error 336 Active X component not correctly registered"

I have narrowed down the problem with the VBA userforms used in the
file. If I try to open the VBA editor on the clients PC and try to
open the userforms or the code behind them, the error appears. However
it allows me to insert a blank one.

If I disable the macros on file open, delete the userforms, save the
file, and reopen, the error doesnt occur but I dont have the important
forms.

I have tried the following with no success:
- Closing and re-opening Excel
- Checking if there were any references missing.
- Reinstalled Office, including reinstalling it on a different
location so the registry settings are forced to be changed.
- Running regserver on Excel.
- Re-registering the Microsoft Forms dll file.

We have never come across this problem from any other of our 2,000 +
other users and seems like it is just a problem with this clients PC.

Does anyone else have another possible solution?

Thank You.