Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add-In - Component not correctly registered

Your add-in has an ActiveX control that wasn't properly registered.
You'll need to use a tool like Regsvr32.exe to register the component.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"TechnicalUser" wrote in message
After installing an addin I get the following messages.

Component not correctly registered
then
unexpected error (336)

The program toolbar is then not added.

Please help.
I need some suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

I am almost positive that I tried this over the holidays.
I will give it a go again and post my results.
BTW,
are u referring to:
C:\regsvr32 "C:\program files\common files\system\ole
db\file.dll"
??

wrote in message
After installing an addin I get the following messages.

Component not correctly registered
then
unexpected error (336)

The program toolbar is then not added.

Please help.
I need some suggestions

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No luck.
I tried registering the component by using
windows|start button
regsvr32.exe pathandfilename.xxx
eg.
C:\regsvr32 "C:\program files\common files\system\ole
db\file.dll"

I have also trie re-reistering excel with its factory
defaults
Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

The problem still exists and I am really in need of any
help that I can get.

Please comment.
Thanks in advance

wrote in message
After installing an addin I get the following messages.

Component not correctly registered
then
unexpected error (336)

The program toolbar is then not added.

Please help.
I need some suggestions

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It may help to know that installing the same addins on a
different machine with the same OS (winXP) causes no
problems for the addins to load.