Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compile Error: Procedure too large

I have a sub function in my Personal.xls file. I need it
to be larger but keep getting the following error:
Compile Error, Procedure too large. Is there any way
around this error without having to split it into two
procedures. your help is greatly appreciated. thankyou,
mate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"mate" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a sub function in my Personal.xls file. I need it
to be larger but keep getting the following error:
Compile Error, Procedure too large. Is there any way
around this error without having to split it into two
procedures. your help is greatly appreciated. thankyou,
mate.

obviously not, as the compiler says. Is there any reason why you do not want
to split the procedure despite of:

- enhanced readability
- extensibility
- logical structure?

just to name a few...

cheers,
Stephan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

mate,

Try simply inserting these three lines somewhere in your big procedure, as
long as you choose a spot that isn't within a loop. They will split the
procedure at that point into two procedures, and call the second from the
first. It may help with the compiling. If your sub is one big loop, then
you will need a further redesign.

OtherProcedure
End Sub
Sub OtherProcedure()