Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Input - User Form Drop-Down Box

Quick question...

I am in the process of designing a User Form that will contain severa
different drop down boxes. Ideally, I would like the dropdown’s t
reference a list of cells on a visible worksheet within the workbook i
order for user’s to easily update “employee names”, “departments”, etc
as opposed to having to alter code [ e.g. .AddItem “Joe Blow” ].

I am familiar with adding “Input Ranges” when using Forms/Combo Boxe
but am uncertain how to proceed in a User Form environment. An
information you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance…..

Mik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use following code

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
ComboBox1.RowSource = Range("My_Range").Address
End Sub

meflorence < wrote:
Quick question...

I am in the process of designing a User Form that will contain several
different drop down boxes. Ideally, I would like the dropdown’s to
reference a list of cells on a visible worksheet within the workbook in
order for user’s to easily update “employee names”, “departments”, etc.
as opposed to having to alter code [ e.g. .AddItem “Joe Blow” ].

I am familiar with adding “Input Ranges” when using Forms/Combo Boxes
but am uncertain how to proceed in a User Form environment. Any
information you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance…..

Mike

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,

Userform comboboxes have a RowSource and ControlSource property that you can
point at a worksheet range.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips