Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programming to make graph work.

I want the info in a graph to change depending on what is
typed in the "Action Cell" (this being the control cell
to get data that I want). I have a chart that looks as
followed:

DATE MIX# PSI
5/09/04 RM4000 3000
5/10/04 PC3000 2000
5/11/04 RM4000 1500

I want to have a cell I type in a Mix# and then the graph
only has data on that MIX#. So if I type RM4000 in Action
block the graph will use 1st row and 3rd. If i type
PC3000 the graph will only use 2cnd row. Can I do this
and if so please help.

Thanks Adam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use defined names as the source of the data for you chart. Then use
formulas that define your ranges based on the value in the action cell.
Indirect or offset would probably be key elements of these dynamic formulas.

Tom Ogilvy

"Adam Hicks" wrote in message
I want the info in a graph to change depending on what is
typed in the "Action Cell" (this being the control cell
to get data that I want). I have a chart that looks as
followed:

DATE MIX# PSI
5/09/04 RM4000 3000
5/10/04 PC3000 2000
5/11/04 RM4000 1500

I want to have a cell I type in a Mix# and then the graph
only has data on that MIX#. So if I type RM4000 in Action
block the graph will use 1st row and 3rd. If i type
PC3000 the graph will only use 2cnd row. Can I do this
and if so please help.

Thanks Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Adam,

Try this sites for information on the techniques Tom is describing.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...art/index.html
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html

Cheers
Andy

[...]