Taylor

Default How do I make a Bar Graph?

How do I make a bar graph for class results? I tried and i came to step 2 of
4 and i dint not understand what i had to do at that part so if you could
please help me or respond before tomarrow thank you
Jon Peltier

You must start with proper data. If you're plotting student scores, you
need two columns like this, with a title over only the values. The data
can be anywhere in the worksheet, not necessarily starting in cell A1.

Score
Alice 87
Bobby 65
Cindy 83
David 91
Elena 77

Select the entire range of data, or select just a single cell in the
data. Start the chart wizard, the little button with a column chart icon
on the Standard toolbar, or on the Insert menu, choose Chart. In step 1,
pick the chart type. In step 2 select the data, although if the data is
preselected, you shouldn't have to do anything here. In step 3 you can
choose from lots of other options, but if you want to go back to these
later, go to Chart Options on the Chart menu. Step four lets you choose
where to put the chart, either embedded by default in the worksheet with
the original data or in another sheet selected from the dropdown, or as
a sheet all on its own.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP