Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Populating a cell from a picklist selection

In the spreadsheet example below, I need to populate
F2 with the numeric association of the selection from the
picklist. So, for example if Low is selected, F2=20, Med then
F2 gets 40 and so on.

A B C D E F G
1) Lo Med Hi VHi Huge
2) 20 40 60 80 100 [ ] Low
Med <-- Data Validation picklist
Hi
VHi

The question is, can a formula be built within the
data validation itself to populate F2? (I know that using a
HLookup within F2 can do it, but I also want to allow the user
to enter custom values).

Is a formula possible (using indirect, hlookup, offset, etc),
or do I have to use a VBA content change event?

-Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
you have to use the worksheet_change event.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel