Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide Macros from Users using workbook!

Either

make them Private
make them Functions (they will be visible from the function wizard)
make them public but pass a parameter

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"gr8guy" wrote in message

Is it possible to hide macros from a user so that they are not visible in
Tools Macro Macros & so that user may not run them by mistake?

Rgds,

Eijaz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put this line at the TOP of the module and they won't be seen. You can also
protect the project so an unsophisticated user cannot get to them to change.

Option Private Module
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"gr8guy" wrote in message

Is it possible to hide macros from a user so that they are not visible in
Tools Macro Macros & so that user may not run them by mistake?

Rgds,

Eijaz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gr8Guy

You may use the code at the page address

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/hidden.htm

I think it may help im not sure....

The bad thing might be that after a certain amount of time the macro will be
visible again or something then the users WILL see it. I dont quite
understand how it works because I havent read all of it but have a good back
up plan because some end users are very clever. If its to protect them
against deletion or alteration then it might be better just to password
protect it.

Rob

"gr8guy" wrote in message

Is it possible to hide macros from a user so that they are not visible in
Tools Macro Macros & so that user may not run them by mistake?

Rgds,

Eijaz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And so that you can tell what you actually have
Subroutine and Function Table for Open Workbooks (#ListFunctionsAndSubs)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...nctionsAndSubs
---
HTH,

"Don Guillett" wrote in message ...
Put this line at the TOP of the module and they won't be seen. You can also
protect the project so an unsophisticated user cannot get to them to change.

Option Private Module

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

It is not something I do often, but I have done it. I offered three methods,
all have drawbacks.

The first is to make it Private. This may not be possible if called from
another module.

The second is to make it a function. This is both my least and my most
favourite approach. I tend to write more functions than subs, returning a
result, so my most favourite. But it will appear in the function wizard, so
also my least favourite.

The third, by adding a parameter, than can be a do-nothing parameter, means
that it does not appear in the macros, does not appear in function wizard,
and does not affect the running. Making it optional means that no code needs
to change. So a sub like

Public Sub TestSub(Optional dummy as Boolean)

and just ignore dummy .

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"gr8guy" wrote in message

Is it possible to hide macros from a user so that they are not visible

in
Tools Macro Macros & so that user may not run them by mistake?

Rgds,

Eijaz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

also at the top of the module put
OPTION MODULE PRIVATE
Now procedures that are Public can be used by other modules, but don't
appear in the macro list

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

"gr8guy" wrote in message

Is it possible to hide macros from a user so that they are not visible in
Tools Macro Macros & so that user may not run them by mistake?

Rgds,

Eijaz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks bob,

will try your suggestion!

Bob, could you also help me regarding my earlier posting :
"hyperlinks-changing the filename only!"

Thanks & best regards,

Eijaz