Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I hide certain data in a spreadsheet for certain users?

I am producing league tables at work and different viewers can see different
things

Each user needs to see all of the income for each person on the league table
but should only see the names, job titles and locations of their own
consultants.

To illustrate, the manager of a branch should only be able to see the names
of the consultants in their branch but the income for everyone.

The regional manager should be able to see the names of everyone in the
branches in their region but the income for everyone

The area manager should be able to see the names of everyone in the branches
in the regions in their area but the income for everyone.

Is there a way I can set the spreadsheet up so this happens when people log
in, or do I have to save off various different spreadsheets with only the
data they should see in there?

Thanks in advance for all advice!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Claire,

If the data is there, then no amount of protection or effort on your part will prevent a user from
seeing it - if they really want to see it.

Probably the best approach would be to extract the data each person needs, then send them the
workbook with the extracted data.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP