Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling Alt+F11

Salut! Is there any way I can prevent the user stopping my macros b
pressing Alt+F11 and breaking the routine?

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you asking how you can keep those users out of your code?

If yes, inside the VBE, you can lock the project.
Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab.
Give it a memorable password and lock the project for viewing.

If you're asking how to stop the users from interrupting your running code, take
a look at VBA's help for:

Application.EnableCancelKey

"richard_b2004 <" wrote:

Salut! Is there any way I can prevent the user stopping my macros by
pressing Alt+F11 and breaking the routine?

Thanks

---

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I should have added that protecting the VBA project will keep most out, it won't
stop the determined. There are commericial password breakers (pretty cheap) and
other free versions.

"richard_b2004 <" wrote:

Salut! Is there any way I can prevent the user stopping my macros by
pressing Alt+F11 and breaking the routine?

Thanks

---

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Richard,

Use:
Application.OnKey "%{F11}", ""

Also, you will need to reset it when you are done!

Application.OnKey "%{F11}"

-TJ

On Sat, 15 May 2004 04:22:59 -0500, wrote:

Salut! Is there any way I can prevent the user stopping my macros by
pressing Alt+F11 and breaking the routine?

Thanks

---

Disabling macros EllenM Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 26th 08 04:57 PM
Disabling the cut function? Tim G. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 September 27th 06 05:01 PM
Disabling updatelinks Dave Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 27th 06 12:05 PM
disabling cells lak Excel Programming 6 May 17th 04 11:00 PM
Disabling Commands Loomah Excel Programming 1 January 16th 04 12:52 PM