-   -   Disabling Alt+F11 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298395-disabling-alt-f11.html)

richard_b2004

Disabling Alt+F11

Salut! Is there any way I can prevent the user stopping my macros b
pressing Alt+F11 and breaking the routine?

Thank

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Disabling Alt+F11

Are you asking how you can keep those users out of your code?

If yes, inside the VBE, you can lock the project.
Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab.
Give it a memorable password and lock the project for viewing.

If you're asking how to stop the users from interrupting your running code, take
a look at VBA's help for:

Application.EnableCancelKey

"richard_b2004 <" wrote:

Salut! Is there any way I can prevent the user stopping my macros by
pressing Alt+F11 and breaking the routine?

Thanks

---

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Disabling Alt+F11

I should have added that protecting the VBA project will keep most out, it won't
stop the determined. There are commericial password breakers (pretty cheap) and
other free versions.

"richard_b2004 <" wrote:

Salut! Is there any way I can prevent the user stopping my macros by
pressing Alt+F11 and breaking the routine?

Thanks

---

Dave Peterson

TJ Walls

Disabling Alt+F11

Hi Richard,

Use:
Application.OnKey "%{F11}", ""

Also, you will need to reset it when you are done!

Application.OnKey "%{F11}"

-TJ