Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default simple excel formula

I have a units column C10 with 102 units, in cell D10 it's for hours
worked and there is 8 hours worked in it. I need to put the
percentage of units worked in 8 hours in cell E10. I know this will
simple for you guys but not me.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris,

I'm sorry I didn't explain this better.

I have a list of employees and am trying to track the production they do
in a day. So I have a speadsheet with their names in one column, the
day in the next column, the units they do in another (C10 in this case),
and in the next column I have the hours they worked that day. The last
column is where I want the percentage of what they did that day. If I
put in =sum(D10/C10) it gives me a percentage. I don't know if that's
correct or not. But like days we don't work (Sundays) there is a zero
in the units column and a 0 in the hours worked column and doing the
percentage column the way I am returns and error when I want it to show
0%. I finally got the ones with 0's to work by putting in
=percentage(C10:D10,0.3) and it gave me 0%. But later if I go back and
then enter a number in say on a Sunday for the units and hours, it
doesn't work I get an error. Plus I would think I should have the same
formula for all in that column so it can be changed. There is no
definent number of units that they should do in any certain number of
hours. So I am at a lose as how to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks
Jen