Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Clear/Delete an Array

I populate an array in my code and after I'm through with
it I'd like to delete the array to free up some resources.
What is the proper procedure for clearing/deleting an
array in VBA?

Thanks,
Raul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you search XL 97 VBE help for 'clear' (w/o the quotes), one of the
options is 'clearing arrays' (w/o the quotes). If you search a more
recent version of the software (I tried 2003), It seems impossible to
find the Erase function, which is what you need. Sad commentary on the
state of the new help, eh?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
+ Technology skills
= Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2004

In article ,
says...
I populate an array in my code and after I'm through with
it I'd like to delete the array to free up some resources.
What is the proper procedure for clearing/deleting an
array in VBA?

Thanks,
Raul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tushar,
"Erase array" was the key. I had been searching
for "clear array" and "delete array" in the MSDN library
to no avail. The following link was one the results when
I used "erase array"; it provided what I needed.

url=/library/en-us/script56/html/vsstmerase.asp

Thanks again,