Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Clear and Copy vs Delete

I have a table of people and their activities. I have no trouble adding new
people but have a problem on deletion. If I delete a row there is the problem
of #REF! in formulas and also the tables below are moved. I think clearing
contents and copying and moving up the information below is the answer. I
have trouble with the code. Can someone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Neither way is any good. Consider the simplest case:

A1 contains 1
A3 contains:
=A1

If you select the first row and delete it, the formula in A3 moves up to A2
and shows:
#REF!

That is because the precedent cell not long exits. You must:

1. first fix the formulas
2. then delete the row
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200821

"Barry Lennox" wrote:

I have a table of people and their activities. I have no trouble adding new
people but have a problem on deletion. If I delete a row there is the problem
of #REF! in formulas and also the tables below are moved. I think clearing
contents and copying and moving up the information below is the answer. I
have trouble with the code. Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks.
I am trying to avoid deleting row as tables lower in the sheet move up and
the reference to cells in these will not be correct for my other codes. I
really need the code to go down one row, select from there to the last row
and the last column containg data, copy it and paste into the cell above.