Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question on formulas

I have a worksheet in which many students have given their answers t
how many pieces of candy are in a jar. I am trying to figure out
formula that will allow me to find out who was right within 10 percen
of the actual number. Like if the actual number was 100 I want to fin
the people who entered numbers from 90-110. I am wondering if their i
an easier way than just typing in all the numbers between 90-110 in
filter.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

assume the numbers are in column B starting in row 2 (B2) and the actual
number is 100

in C2 put in a formula

=if(Abs(B2-100)<=(.10*100),"Within 10%","Exceeds 10%")

then drag fill down the column.

Now you can filter on this column (with the formula).

Tom Ogilvy

"Trackkid12 " wrote in message
I have a worksheet in which many students have given their answers to
how many pieces of candy are in a jar. I am trying to figure out a
formula that will allow me to find out who was right within 10 percent
of the actual number. Like if the actual number was 100 I want to find
the people who entered numbers from 90-110. I am wondering if their is
an easier way than just typing in all the numbers between 90-110 in a
filter.

Thanks!

---