Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MultiPage Control

hey guys

I need to use a multipage control and I cant figure out
how to make that extra page for my second tab. I have
already created my userform, then I realized I needed to
add another category, so I inserted a multipage control on
the userform. I have already named my tabs. One
says "Publish" and the other syas "backup". Now as far as
the "Publish" form is concerned, it is complete. Now how
do I set it up so when I click the second tab, "Backuo",
it goes to a blank page of the form where I can start
adding more controls?

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No because I selected Multipage control and drag and
dropped it there from the control box. Do I need to
insert the multipage control before any other control
maybe?

wrote in message
hey guys

I need to use a multipage control and I cant figure out
how to make that extra page for my second tab. I have
already created my userform, then I realized I needed to
add another category, so I inserted a multipage control

on
the userform. I have already named my tabs. One
says "Publish" and the other syas "backup". Now as far

as
the "Publish" form is concerned, it is complete. Now

how
do I set it up so when I click the second tab, "Backuo",
it goes to a blank page of the form where I can start
adding more controls?

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When a multipage control is dropped on a useform, the default is two pages.
When you click on the second page, you have a clean surface to place other
controls on. What you describe is typical of a tabstrip.

Other controls on the userform itself should have no effect on the
functioning of the multipage.

Controls on page1 of the multipage should have no effect on operation of
page2 of the multipage.

wrote in message
hey guys

I need to use a multipage control and I cant figure out
how to make that extra page for my second tab. I have
already created my userform, then I realized I needed to
add another category, so I inserted a multipage control

on
the userform. I have already named my tabs. One
says "Publish" and the other syas "backup". Now as far

as
the "Publish" form is concerned, it is complete. Now

how
do I set it up so when I click the second tab, "Backuo",
it goes to a blank page of the form where I can start
adding more controls?

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok I guess this shows how much I know about using
multipage controls... What happened is I inserted the
multipage control on the form and only drug it across the
top of my form. I thought there was some special way it
would know to bring up another page so it appeard as
though it was not working. Then I had the idea to pull
the multipage control down. It covered up my other
controls so I just brought them onto the multipage
control. Then I clicked the tabs again and now I can see
it working.

Todd

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

If you want to add another page to the standard two-page
multipage control, just click Page1 or Page2 with the
right side of the mouse. Then you'll see that you can
easily expand the number of pages that you'll need to do
your work.

Years ago, I actually created those extra pages
programmatically (when I had too much time on my hands).
Later, I learned the easy way that I described above.

I hope that answers your original question.

Rick