Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA- counting with autofilter

Thanks in advance for you help guys, I am stumped.

I have three columns of data.

Column 1 is a unique identifier(500 entries). Column 2 is the dat
from Column 1, but has repeat entries(14,000 entries). Column 3 is th
data to count.

I am trying to count the data in column 3 based on the data in colum
1. So for each ID in column 1, I find out how many times there was
True in column 3. The common thread is column 2.

I have figured out the way to go to autofilter the first entry an
count that data, but I can not go further. I am new to VBA an
desperately need help. Thanks guys

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
what you can try is loading the data analysis add-in,
this will be available under Tools, which will then
provide a list of analysis tools, choose histogram and
select column1 as your bin and column3 as your data
range, this will give a frequency table as an output.
Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance for you help guys, I am stumped.

I have three columns of data.

Column 1 is a unique identifier(500 entries). Column 2

is the data
from Column 1, but has repeat entries(14,000 entries).

Column 3 is the
data to count.

I am trying to count the data in column 3 based on the

data in column
1. So for each ID in column 1, I find out how many

times there was a
True in column 3. The common thread is column 2.

I have figured out the way to go to autofilter the first

entry and
count that data, but I can not go further. I am new to

VBA and
desperately need help. Thanks guys.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, but I can't use bins, i need actual data. I am doin
statistical analysis for research, and it needs to be be precise. Bu
thanks for the advice