Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JJ JJ is offline

Default Counting Filtered Results Using Autofilter

I frequently use Autofilter to count the number of instances in a column of
data. Usually, when I apply the autofilter to the column heading and execute
a search, the number of results appears in a bar at the lower left hand
corner of the Excel window, similar to "127 of 658 items".

Periodically, this changes to "Ready" and no longer returns the number of
instances of the filtered results.

Any idea why this happens, how can I prevent it, and how do I make it
starting counting again?

Thanks

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You sure you're seeing Ready?

Debra Dalgleish explains it here and offers a work-around:
http://contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Explanation and workarounds at Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Another alternative.......after filtering, select the visible cells in a
column and right-click on Status Bar and "Count"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP