Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to obtain the number of filtered records in Autofilter

How to switch ON the option of obtaining the total number of filtered records
when using Autofilter in Excel?
In Excel, when using Autofilter option, I can read sometimes in the satus
bar the number of filtered records. Often this information is missing in the
lefthand side of status bar. There is a way to find the info by selecting
"Count" in the right hand side of status bar but this introduce mistakes by
adding title lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See how Debra Dalgleish tackles this problem with a couple of workarounds.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:26:02 -0700, Ramez
wrote:

How to switch ON the option of obtaining the total number of filtered records
when using Autofilter in Excel?
In Excel, when using Autofilter option, I can read sometimes in the satus
bar the number of filtered records. Often this information is missing in the
lefthand side of status bar. There is a way to find the info by selecting
"Count" in the right hand side of status bar but this introduce mistakes by
adding title lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks very much Gord. The answers were there but mostly it explained why I
was not seeing the information (too much formulas and/or changes after
filtering). I will be able to workaround it now.