hako

Default How do I get the number of rows that meet an autofilter criterion.

Old versions of Excel used to indicate it on status bar, but the new versions
just indicate 'Filter Mode' on status bar when you apply an autofilter.
Debra Dalgleish

If your list has many formulas, the Status Bar might show "Filter Mode"
instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal
function to count the visible rows.

The Status Bar may also show 'Filter Mode' if a cell in the list is
changed, after a filter has been applied.

The following MSKB article has information:

XL2000: Excel AutoFilter Status Bar Message Shows "Filter Mode"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

And there are a couple of workarounds he
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

tjtjjtjt

Which version do you mean by "New Version"? I'm using Excel 2003, and it
tells me the number of Records found.
Not that this solves your problem ...

A workaround would be to select down a column of your Filtered Data and then
Display the Count of the selected cells.
You can do this by Right-Clicking on the Status Bar. This won't work if
there are Blanks in the Selection.

tj

"hako" wrote:

Old versions of Excel used to indicate it on status bar, but the new versions
just indicate 'Filter Mode' on status bar when you apply an autofilter.

hako

I am using Excel 2000 at home and 2003 at work. The workaround works, but
can you tell me where exactly your Excel 2003 tells you the number of records
found? Because as I previously wrote, my status bar only reads 'Filter Mode'.

"hako" wrote:

Old versions of Excel used to indicate it on status bar, but the new versions
just indicate 'Filter Mode' on status bar when you apply an autofilter.

tjtjjtjt

If you Right-click anywhere on the Status Bar, you should be able to choose a
Function. the result of the Function will display when you select more the
one cell. It appears toward the right side of the screen on the Status Bar.
It will look something like this:
Count=6

tj