Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Removing the word "Total" from subtotal cells

I'm using Excel 2002. I've taken a list with 6000 rows of data and used the "Subtotals" instruction to find summary data for the 334 item numbers that are repeated through the list. I would like to copy the item numbers into another list but the subtotals include the word "Total" in the cell. For example: the multiple rows of data with item # L6050 is subtotaled into a cell that says L6050 Total. Is there someway to remove the word "Total" from the cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andy

One way is to use EditReplace in the menu bar

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Andy F." wrote in message ...
I'm using Excel 2002. I've taken a list with 6000 rows of data and used the "Subtotals" instruction to find summary data for the

334 item numbers that are repeated through the list. I would like to copy the item numbers into another list but the subtotals
include the word "Total" in the cell. For example: the multiple rows of data with item # L6050 is subtotaled into a cell that says
L6050 Total. Is there someway to remove the word "Total" from the cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andy

If I understand you correct then

If you select the cells in column A you can use Edit Replace.
Find What Total
Replace With (leave empty)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Andy F." wrote in message ...
Thanks, Ron. But I think I wasn't clear enough in my description. I have 334 rows of data, each row starts with a cell that has

a unique item number with a space and the word "Total". Row 1 has the headings for each column. For example:
Column A Column B C
Row 1 Item Number Description Pounds
Row 2 W2244 Total 22X44 66,000
Row 3 59776566 Total 34X48 24,000
Row 4 Black-Iron Total 38X58 75,000
Row 5 XXXX Total 23x30 32,000
(continues)
Row 334 LBF3456 34x56 99,000

I got all of the Totals by using DATASUBTOTALS...... from the menu. I would like to copy the list of item numbers in Column A

into a new column without the word "Total" in each cell. I could go to each cell in the column and edit out "Total" but I'm hoping
there's another way.