Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Speed at which Excel opens up

My Excel workbook is taking a long time to open. It has
many macros which affects the speed at which it opens.

What can I do to make it open faster.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try turning the calculation of its in tools, options, an
calculations change it to manual.......best if you record this as
macro and put it in the auto open perhaps along wit
Application.EnableEvents=False......don't forget to turn them back o
at the end of the auto open or in the macro you require to run afte
that.

HTH

Simo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Location: Portland, Oregon

The more expensive route would be to get a faster computer, more memory,
faster hard drive :-D

--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA

"pcw" wrote in message

My Excel workbook is taking a long time to open. It has
many macros which affects the speed at which it opens.

What can I do to make it open faster.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try these links

http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#OpSave

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"pcw" wrote in message

My Excel workbook is taking a long time to open. It has
many macros which affects the speed at which it opens.

What can I do to make it open faster.

---