SheriTingle

Default Personal workbook opens when Excel opens

Hello and thanks for the help. I am using Office 2003 Professional. When I
open Excel the workbook that opens with the application is Personal.xls. Once
I close it the workbooks are normal, Book1, Book2, etc. I have looked to see
if there is an auto open macro but there are no macros visible. I ran a
detect and repair and it did not fix the problem. This began when I did a
reinstall of Excel.
CLR

Do a search for a directory called XLstart, you will find the file
Personal.xls therein. Save it elsewhere for future use and delete it from
this directory.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"SheriTingle" wrote:

Hello and thanks for the help. I am using Office 2003 Professional. When I
open Excel the workbook that opens with the application is Personal.xls. Once
I close it the workbooks are normal, Book1, Book2, etc. I have looked to see
if there is an auto open macro but there are no macros visible. I ran a
detect and repair and it did not fix the problem. This began when I did a
reinstall of Excel.

Gord Dibben

Sheri

Hide Personal.xls under WindowHide.

Save it as such and it will open hidden with any macros available for all open
workbooks.

If you never plan to use it for macros, just delete it. You can re-build if
needed in the future.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP