Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Area Charts, area colors and series

Hello
'Looking for your brilliance and creativity again
I have recently created some area charts showing data per project. I have 3 separate charts showing different data sets for many projects. Each chart contains some subset of the entire set of projects. Each of the 3 subsets is different.

Objective: color coordinate the areas (projects) so that I can use any combination of series on any given chart and preserve the color coordination of the projects. (Projects define columns, dates define rows).

Example: Project A is a light green radient. It has a series on Chart A and Chart B, but not Chart C. I would like to be able to add it to C (using John Peltier's "interactive charting by checkbox) and retain its light green radient colored area. If adding any new series to Chart A (inserting a column of data to the left of Project's A series), I want Project A series to remain light green radiant. I have created a custom chart type w/ my area color scheme, but these colors are not fixed to the specific data series, but are fixed to the series array. The project columns will / may move around, so Project A will not always be the first element in the series array.

Your help will result in some very nifty charting (and I think someone should publish the code somewhere out there).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's a macro I posted a while back that colors a chart series based on
the series name.

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=uB...%40tkmsftngp09

You could even make a table in the worksheet, listing the series names,
then filling each cell with the color you want for that series. Instead
of the select case, the macro would find the cell with the series name,
then apply the cell's interior color to the series' back color. This is
easier than having to learn what colorindex refers to the pale yellow
shade....

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP