Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Smmiles Smmiles is offline

Default Area Charts, area colors and series

Hello
'Looking for your brilliance and creativity again
I have recently created some area charts showing data per project. I have 3 separate charts showing different data sets for many projects. Each chart contains some subset of the entire set of projects. Each of the 3 subsets is different.

Objective: color coordinate the areas (projects) so that I can use any combination of series on any given chart and preserve the color coordination of the projects. (Projects define columns, dates define rows).

Example: Project A is a light green radient. It has a series on Chart A and Chart B, but not Chart C. I would like to be able to add it to C (using John Peltier's "interactive charting by checkbox) and retain its light green radient colored area. If adding any new series to Chart A (inserting a column of data to the left of Project's A series), I want Project A series to remain light green radiant. I have created a custom chart type w/ my area color scheme, but these colors are not fixed to the specific data series, but are fixed to the series array. The project columns will / may move around, so Project A will not always be the first element in the series array.

Your help will result in some very nifty charting (and I think someone should publish the code somewhere out there).