Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Any Visual Basic Users Having Mouse Scrolling Problems?

I just got a Dell 8300 with Win XP and Office11 (2003). It
came with a corded optical wheel mouse that will not scroll
on ANY Visual Basic window. Otherwise, the mouse works
just fine. Yes, I have reinstalled the driver. I would
like to know if any Visual Basic users have had the same
problem, or have not had the problem. I'm trying to pin
down what the problem is. My Device Manager says the
mouse was made by Microsoft, but Dell claims it was made by
Logitech. How can I determine the truth?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to use Version 4 of the Intellimouse drivers (the latest
is version 5).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"SidBord" wrote in message
I just got a Dell 8300 with Win XP and Office11 (2003). It
came with a corded optical wheel mouse that will not scroll
on ANY Visual Basic window. Otherwise, the mouse works
just fine. Yes, I have reinstalled the driver. I would
like to know if any Visual Basic users have had the same
problem, or have not had the problem. I'm trying to pin
down what the problem is. My Device Manager says the
mouse was made by Microsoft, but Dell claims it was made by
Logitech. How can I determine the truth?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thanx for the reply. You mean that's all I have to do is
download the Vers. 4 driver from Microsoft? Do I have to
uninstall the existing driver somewhow before installing
the Vers 4 driver?
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

<<How can I determine the truth ?

The manufacturer's name is usually underneath

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just got a Dell 8300 with Win XP and Office11 (2003). It
came with a corded optical wheel mouse that will not scroll
on ANY Visual Basic window. Otherwise, the mouse works
just fine. Yes, I have reinstalled the driver. I would
like to know if any Visual Basic users have had the same
problem, or have not had the problem. I'm trying to pin
down what the problem is. My Device Manager says the
mouse was made by Microsoft, but Dell claims it was made by
Logitech. How can I determine the truth?

perhaps the following tool helps you:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Melanie Breden
- Microsoft MVP für Excel -

http://excel.codebooks.de (Das Excel-VBA Codebook)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The only name on the bottom is Dell. No help there.
The manufacturer's name is usually underneath.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just looked at the FreeWheel stuff and there was no
mention of it working with Windows XP. In fact most of it
looked pretty old. Are you sure this is a good thing to
download??
I just got a Dell 8300 with Win XP and Office11 (2003). It
came with a corded optical wheel mouse that will not scroll
on ANY Visual Basic window. Otherwise, the mouse works
just fine. Yes, I have reinstalled the driver. I would
like to know if any Visual Basic users have had the same
problem, or have not had the problem. I'm trying to pin
down what the problem is. My Device Manager says the
mouse was made by Microsoft, but Dell claims it was made by
Logitech. How can I determine the truth?

perhaps the following tool helps you:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Melanie Breden
- Microsoft MVP für Excel -

http://excel.codebooks.de (Das Excel-VBA Codebook)

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip, I went to the Intellipoint download stuff, and they
gave me the definite impression that Version 4 was not for
Win XP. Are you sure it will work under Win XP?
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi SidBord,

SidBord wrote:
I just looked at the FreeWheel stuff and there was no
mention of it working with Windows XP. In fact most of it
looked pretty old. Are you sure this is a good thing to
download??

with my IntelliMouse Explorer 2,0 I had the same problems in the
VBE with srolling the window.

With this tool it went again perfectly.
Also reported other user with different mices of a success thereby.

I think, one can try it: -)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Melanie Breden
- Microsoft MVP für Excel -

http://excel.codebooks.de (Das Excel-VBA Codebook)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SidBord wrote:
I just looked at the FreeWheel stuff and there was no
mention of it working with Windows XP. In fact most of it
looked pretty old. Are you sure this is a good thing to
download??

with my IntelliMouse Explorer 2,0 I had the same problems in the
VBE with srolling the window.

With this tool it went again perfectly.
Also reported other user with different mices of a success thereby.

I think, one can try it: -)

Supplement: I use also Windows XP

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Melanie Breden
- Microsoft MVP für Excel -

http://excel.codebooks.de (Das Excel-VBA Codebook)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have used FreeWheel with a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse on one of
my WinXP machines for six months without any known problems. I initially
tried using the old 4.0 Intellimouse driver, but then the horizontal
scrolling was not available. FreeWheel and 5.0 driver gives both vertical
and horizontal scrolling. Your mileage may vary...

Troy