Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Order in which add-ins load

Hi,

I have a problem which manifests itself on some computers in our office, but
not others. I have an add-in B whose Auto_Open uses a function in add-in A.
So when I start up excel and B is loaded before A, I get #NAME? type things
and the execution interrupts.

So I have question #1:

Is there a way to make sure that A loads before B?

Moving on with my tale, I think I know why it's happening only on some
computers. This is because other computers have had add-in A for a while and
I just now added B to them. So their Excel seems conditioned to open A
first. Now with new computers, I installed B first and then added A. So now
they seem to be conditioned to open B first. So I have question #2:

Is there a way to uncondition the computers from loading add-in B first?

Thank you so much,

Bura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bura

Have you tried unloading all add-ins then loading one at a time in the order
you want?

In the registry these are named Open, Open1, Open2, Open3 etc.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\E xcel\Options

Follow the sequence in the registry as you re-load add-ins one at a time in
the order you wish. Does it make any difference in the sequence?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP