Iarla

Default Daily Macro to Download Data, Order and paste in order

Hi,

I have recently start a macro to run on a daily basis. It is to take
data twice daily from an internet site and then intup this data to a
table in date order.

Below is my macro thus far. It manages to get the data from the
internet input the data on the first sheet(DO NOT CHANGE) of my
workbook.

I would then like to know if it is possible to input this data, using a
macro, every twelve hours into a table. Some time the data may come in
missing soem or with a time step, therefore would like the data to be
kept and updated in date and time order.

Also while I am so busying picking your brains would like to know if it
is posible to set this macro to run every twleve hours automaticly

Thanks for your time and help

Iarla

Sub Macro1()
Range("A2").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=64046%3E"
Range("C47:U68").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Windows("book2.xls").Activate
Sheets("DO NOT CHANGE").Activate
Range("A12").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Iarla
Iarla's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16566
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314256

Don Guillett

try this. Don't know what the 1st 3 lines were for so I commented out

Sub Macro2()
'Range("A2").Select
'Selection.Copy
'Application.CutCopyMode = False

Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=64046%3E"
Range("C47:U68").Copy _
Workbooks("yourfile.xls").Sheets("yoursheet").Rang e("A12")
ActiveWorkbook.Close

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software