Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Named Range cell content getting deleted

Hello, I am working in Excel 2000. I have file with a number of named
ranges set up.

One named range is a cell where a series of sentences is written.
After following the steps below the contact of the cell is corrupted -
everything after approx 125 characters in the cell disappears.

1) Input Data
2) Save and Close File
3) Reopen file - After viewing the cell with the named range some of
the content disappears.

I have never experienced this before. Can anyone provide and
explanation as to why this is happening and how to prevent the cell
content from being deleted?

This particular cell is called PROP_DESCRIPTION. Is there a ban on
any of those words in the name of a named range?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I cannot replicate your problem. I do not see entering data into a cell
(named or otherwise) saving, closing and opening the file will corrupt the
entry after 150 chars. Prop_sentence is not a reserved word in Excel so
this is not an issue.

Cheers
Nigel

om...