Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application.Displayalerts wont get me past this!

I have a spreadsheet that needs a user input.

It says
"This workbook contains links to other data sources

If you update this, Excel attempts to retrieve the latest data.
If you dont update, excel uses the existing data"

There are 3 buttons, Update, Dont Update and Cancel.

I want it to just press the Update option as its highlighted and carr
on but application.Displayalerts = False does not get it past it.

Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's always great if posters mention their Excel version. If you have Excel
2002 or 2003 the Edit, Links dialog has a "Startup Prompt" button where you
can tailor the prompt, including not having one (which is heaven in my
book).

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"andycharger " wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet that needs a user input.
|

| It says
| "This workbook contains links to other data sources
|
| If you update this, Excel attempts to retrieve the latest data.
| If you dont update, excel uses the existing data"
|
| There are 3 buttons, Update, Dont Update and Cancel.
|
| I want it to just press the Update option as its highlighted and carry
| on but application.Displayalerts = False does not get it past it.
|
| Any ideas?
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andy,

It sounds like you're opening the workbook via code. If that's the case,
you can use the UpdateLinks argument to the Open method. So if you want to
update links automatically, you can do this:

Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\test.xls", UpdateLinks:=3

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com