Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default linking multiple workbooks - UPDATED

Can someone please help me with linking multiple workbooks to a listbox
I have 32 excel workbooks full of charts and I want to link each t
selection in a listbox on a master sheet.

Help!!
Thanks

I have 32 excel workbooks that have over 32 sheets in each. I hav
created a 'Home' page that includes multiple list boxes. Each list bo
has 4 selections. I want to link the 4 selections to sheets that are i
different workbooks.

i.e. Product ttl is in productttl.xls (sheet product tttl) and siz
1.75 is in productttl1.75.xls (sheet procutttl 1.75).

Hope this makes more sense

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the workbooks will be closed, you will have to have your macro hard code
a reference to them. If they will be open, you can use the indirect
worksheet function.

Tom Ogilvy

"bkey01 " wrote in message
Can someone please help me with linking multiple workbooks to a listbox?
I have 32 excel workbooks full of charts and I want to link each to
selection in a listbox on a master sheet.

Help!!
Thanks

I have 32 excel workbooks that have over 32 sheets in each. I have
created a 'Home' page that includes multiple list boxes. Each list box
has 4 selections. I want to link the 4 selections to sheets that are in
different workbooks.

i.e. Product ttl is in productttl.xls (sheet product tttl) and size
1.75 is in productttl1.75.xls (sheet procutttl 1.75).

Hope this makes more sense.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"bkey01 " wrote in message
Can someone please help me with linking multiple workbooks to

listbox?
I have 32 excel workbooks full of charts and I want to link eac

selection in a listbox on a master sheet.

Help!!
Thanks

I have 32 excel workbooks that have over 32 sheets in each. I have
created a 'Home' page that includes multiple list boxes. Each lis

box
has 4 selections. I want to link the 4 selections to sheets tha

are in
different workbooks.

i.e. Product ttl is in productttl.xls (sheet product tttl) an

size
1.75 is in productttl1.75.xls (sheet procutttl 1.75).

Hope this makes more sense.

---
*

Thanks for the information. Can you provide me with an example of th
code for a hard code macro?

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub WriteLink()
ActiveCell.formula = "='c:\Mydocuments\Myfolder\[Book1.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1"

Tom Ogilvy

"bkey01 " wrote in message
Can someone please help me with linking multiple workbooks to a

listbox?
I have 32 excel workbooks full of charts and I want to link each

selection in a listbox on a master sheet.

Help!!
Thanks

I have 32 excel workbooks that have over 32 sheets in each. I have
created a 'Home' page that includes multiple list boxes. Each list

box
has 4 selections. I want to link the 4 selections to sheets that

are in
different workbooks.

i.e. Product ttl is in productttl.xls (sheet product tttl) and

size
1.75 is in productttl1.75.xls (sheet procutttl 1.75).

Hope this makes more sense.

---
*

Thanks for the information. Can you provide me with an example of the
code for a hard code macro?

Thanks

---