Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Excel problem - including sheets in Add-in worksheet to link to

I am writing a help screen for my add-in package of programs, whic
simply reads from "helpsheet" worksheet. However I don't want th
worksheet to open everytime I link to it, and I can't seem to get it t
be added to my Add-in, as worksheet. The books tell me it has to b
activate, and should be in the THisworksbook package, so:
a) If necessary how do I move a worksheet into the Thisworkbook of a
'existing 'Add-in,
b) If I do or do not, can how can I keep it active but not visible, o
else there is no point to of having a more sophisticated looking Hel
screen, I might as well just link to the helpsheet worksheet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ror

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rory,

ThisWorkbook refers to this workbook, and includes all worksheets within
that workbook. In an add-in, you can have worksheets and use them, but I
don't think you can make these visible (I may be wrong, never thought to do
it myself). As such, I think you have a fundamental problem. In my add-ins,
I either use a proper help file, or I create a simple form which I display
to give the help instructions. You could try this.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rory Sullivan " wrote in
message ...
I am writing a help screen for my add-in package of programs, which
simply reads from "helpsheet" worksheet. However I don't want the
worksheet to open everytime I link to it, and I can't seem to get it to
be added to my Add-in, as worksheet. The books tell me it has to be
activate, and should be in the THisworksbook package, so:
a) If necessary how do I move a worksheet into the Thisworkbook of an
'existing 'Add-in,
b) If I do or do not, can how can I keep it active but not visible, or
else there is no point to of having a more sophisticated looking Help
screen, I might as well just link to the helpsheet worksheet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rory

---