Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Baffling, yet curious

Alright Peeps!

I have a baffling, yet curious question and was just wondering if
anyone would be able to let me know if what i want to do is actually
possible.

I have just took over the 'Operations' part of a relatively small
company. It is my job to give staff their shifts for the week and also
do the staffing rotas for the day too.

At the moment, I have to enter all the shifts for the week onto a
'weekly rota' and then enter all the shifts for the day onto a daily
rota. (Both my rotas are created using Excel)

What i was wondering, is, if possible, is there anyway at all that i
can enter the shifts onto the weekly rota, and then, use some coding
that can generate a daily rota automatically without me having to do
it.

I realise that this is a very big question (and task) but i was hoping
that someone may be able to point me in the right direction

Many, many thanks in advance

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since you have the data in Excel, then YES
It seems that one of your tables, the weekly rota, is the "main" data and
that the daily rota's are simply a subset of this. I don't envision this as
a difficult task...but without more info its a bit hard to say.

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
"sparky3883 " wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks again for looking.

In Column C i will lists every member of staff that work for me. I
Columns D to J (Sun to Sat) i will enter the shifts that the member o
staff will be working. (these shifts will vary on a weekly basis an
each member of staff will only work 5 of the 7 days, and again, thes
days will vary)

Once i have given all my staff their shifts for the week, i am hopin
to somehow generate a daily rota for each day of the week, which wil
only show me the names of the staff who are working on that particula
day and the shifts that they are working.

When the information is generated onto the daily rota, the names of th
staff will go in Column A and their shift time will go into Column B.

I do realise that this could be a big tasks, but i really woul
appreciate any help.

I have enclosed a copy of my weekly rota and my daily rota if tha
helps

Many many thanks agai

Attachment filename: weekly.zip
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=50710

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One workbook simply lists the days of the week with a column for the names.
if both the sheets were in one workbook, then you could uses a simple
VLOOKUP() formula in the Weekly.xls sheet. However, the daily xls would need
modifying unless the hours worked by an individual is the same for each
day...unlikely

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
"sparky3883 " wrote in message
Thanks again for looking.

In Column C i will lists every member of staff that work for me. In
Columns D to J (Sun to Sat) i will enter the shifts that the member of
staff will be working. (these shifts will vary on a weekly basis and
each member of staff will only work 5 of the 7 days, and again, these
days will vary)

Once i have given all my staff their shifts for the week, i am hoping
to somehow generate a daily rota for each day of the week, which will
only show me the names of the staff who are working on that particular
day and the shifts that they are working.

When the information is generated onto the daily rota, the names of the
staff will go in Column A and their shift time will go into Column B.

I do realise that this could be a big tasks, but i really would
appreciate any help.

I have enclosed a copy of my weekly rota and my daily rota if that
helps

Many many thanks again

Attachment filename: weekly.zip
Download attachment: