Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Signature Will Be Discarded

Excel 2000
Windows XP

We just recently upgraded our computers to Windows XP and Office 2000. I
had some macros that were written in Excel 97. I opened the file tonight
and everything seemed to be fine. But when I tried to copy a sheet in the
workbook, I got the following error message:

"You have modified a signed project. You do not have the right key to sign
this project. The signature will be discarded."

This is the first time since we upgraded that I have opened this workbook.
I signed the project again using the certificate that I created after we
upgraded. After that, I was unable to reproduce the problem, and things
seem to be working now.

What would have caused this problem? Was it caused by the outdated
certificate, or is there something else that I need to do in order to make
sure that we don't get this error in the future?

-- Tom

MT DOJ Help Desk

Making the world a safer place.