Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Desperate Don

Default Pivot Table report discarded in Excel 2003 - any fix available?

When I open an Excel workbook in Excel 2003, I occasionally get the message:

"Errors were detected in file 'path\Accounts.xls'
"The following is a list of repairs:

"PivotTable report 'PivotTable1' on '[Accounts.xls]Analysis ex VAT' was
discarded due to integrity problems.W"

I note there appears to be a fix for Excel XP (SP3) but I can't find a
solution for Excel 2003. This problem did not occur with Excel 2000.

A solution for Excel XP was to turn off auto-recover, but I don't want to do
that.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't understand how auto-recovery would affect your problem (I'd suspect a
coincidence if I were a betting person).

But it sounds like the workbook is corrupted to me.

Lots of people have praised OpenOffice.org for saving their data and code.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

There are commercial recovery services. I've never used it, but you might want
to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Desperate Don

Desperate Don wrote:

When I open an Excel workbook in Excel 2003, I occasionally get the message:

"Errors were detected in file 'path\Accounts.xls'
"The following is a list of repairs:

"PivotTable report 'PivotTable1' on '[Accounts.xls]Analysis ex VAT' was
discarded due to integrity problems.W"

I note there appears to be a fix for Excel XP (SP3) but I can't find a
solution for Excel 2003. This problem did not occur with Excel 2000.

A solution for Excel XP was to turn off auto-recover, but I don't want to do
that.
Any ideas?

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks for reply. I can recover the Pivot Table by re-doing it. I'd like a
fix to stop it happening in the first place, such as that provided for Excel
XP in SP3.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I'm not sure there is one.

Each version of excel seems to be sensitive to different levels of corruption.
Usually, the newer versions can handle it better than the earlier version--but
not always.

You may want to try rebuilding the workbook to see if that helps.