Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Pivot Table report discarded in Excel 2003 - any fix available?

I don't understand how auto-recovery would affect your problem (I'd suspect a
coincidence if I were a betting person).

But it sounds like the workbook is corrupted to me.

Lots of people have praised OpenOffice.org for saving their data and code.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

There are commercial recovery services. I've never used it, but you might want
to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

Desperate Don wrote:

When I open an Excel workbook in Excel 2003, I occasionally get the message:

"Errors were detected in file 'path\Accounts.xls'
"The following is a list of repairs:

"PivotTable report 'PivotTable1' on '[Accounts.xls]Analysis ex VAT' was
discarded due to integrity problems.W"

I note there appears to be a fix for Excel XP (SP3) but I can't find a
solution for Excel 2003. This problem did not occur with Excel 2000.

A solution for Excel XP was to turn off auto-recover, but I don't want to do
that.
Any ideas?

--

Dave Peterson