Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add-in with custom Face

If I create an add-in with a custom toolbar, and I create my own Faces
for the icons on the toolbar - is there anyway that I can then
programmatically assign that FaceID to another button?

Is there some problem with attaching custom toolbars to a .xla?

The reason I ask is that I want to have my own custom icons to use for
menitems, button icons, etc, without having to attach a toolbar to the
add-in.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you would need to get the icon into the clipboard, then use pasteface. You
can store the icon on a hidden sheet, then copy it to the clipboard, then
paste it to your button.

In excel 2003 (perhaps 2002) you can use the load command with a commandbar
button I believe - so your icons could be in a separate graphic file.

Tom Ogilvy