Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print area

I have a number of sheets in a workbook that require
certain users to print certain areas. Many of the users
are not used to working with excel and need just one
button to press. Can anybody give me the script for print
area. The button will be on a different page to the print
area.

Cheers

Jez
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
one way:
record a macro:
- goto 'Tools - Macro - Record macro'
- do your stuff :-)
- stop the recording

Now you can ssign this code to a button or invoke it from the macro
menu

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Jez" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a number of sheets in a workbook that require
certain users to print certain areas. Many of the users
are not used to working with excel and need just one
button to press. Can anybody give me the script for print
area. The button will be on a different page to the print
area.

Cheers

Jez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
it would :-)
try the following
- put a button on your other sheet
- insert the following code for the click event of this button (change
the worksheet name and the range definition to your needs)

----
Dim wks as worksheet
set wks = Activeworkbook.worksheets("Print_Sheet")
wks.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$D$17"
wks.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
----

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thanks....
Worked like a charm....

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or

Worksheets("Print_Sheet").Range("a1:d17").PrintOut Copies:=1

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

wrote in message ...