Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JJZ JJZ is offline

Default Questions on Excel Grouping and Links--Pls. Help me out!

Is it possible to group some excel files so when I open them they wil
auto-update each other at the same time?

I got a huge file with numerous links. Now it can not even aut
calculate some formulas when I make a change though I have chosen "aut
calculation" in "tools". Someone suggests that grouping file may be
solution. Anyone knows details about that? Or other ways to help m
out

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The closest thing to grouping would be to create an xlw file. If you open
the xlw file, then all the files it refers to are opened. So I suppose the
suggestion was to open all the files that are linked to spead up the
updating. This was mainly designed for xl4, where workbooks were still
single sheet. I haven't ever done it, so I can't give you any advice.

Tom Ogilvy

"JJZ " wrote in message
Is it possible to group some excel files so when I open them they will
auto-update each other at the same time?

I got a huge file with numerous links. Now it can not even auto
calculate some formulas when I make a change though I have chosen "auto
calculation" in "tools". Someone suggests that grouping file may be a
solution. Anyone knows details about that? Or other ways to help me
out?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey,

Tom, thanks for your advice. I have no idea about the xlw file
Anyway, I will try to figure it out