Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pressing the "reset" button and freeing memory

KJTFS < wrote:
I haven't studied up on my pointers for a while, but that does seem like
it should happen. What you are seeing is correct IMO. I believe the
memory is falling under excel control to the OS and when the OS looks
at it it doesn't free it because Excel is under control of it. But
excel doesn't have any pointers pointing to it (since the program
ended) so it can't use it. I am assuming that excel doesnt have any
type of garbage collection built into it to catch the case of no
pointers pointing to memory and freeing it.

I think you got it. It must allocate it to Excel's namespace. And that
is just it, unless you get rid of it manually there is no way to get rid
of it.

I guess on another level, what I am asking is if there is anyway to have
some code execute when the reset button is pushed.

Thanks,
Elie.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That I am not sure on, I am pretty sure in development IDE's like visua
studio. NET you can create Macro's to run when you do things like clic
buttons and whatnot, I am not sure if that is possible to do in VB
IDE, might be worth looking into. But if you could hook some functio
to look for dynamically allocated memory and free it I guess that woul
work but that is above my knowledge without some serious research.
Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Keith
www.kjtfs.co