Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Clear Cells

I have been given the task of creating a simple office sheet that would serve as an In/Out Board. We want to have certain cells be cleared everyday so that the comment areas are fresh to add notes to. How specifically can I add a macro that will automaticall clear a set of cells at a certain time? The cells can only be cleared once a day and not every time the file opens

Please help

Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pete,

An example :

Sub ClearCells()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D2").ClearContents
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("H4:J6").ClearContents
End Sub

Replace the sheetnames en the cellranges to the values you need and run the
macro whenever you need it to run.

Auk Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

"PeteS" wrote in message
I have been given the task of creating a simple office sheet that would

serve as an In/Out Board. We want to have certain cells be cleared everyday
so that the comment areas are fresh to add notes to. How specifically can I
add a macro that will automaticall clear a set of cells at a certain time?
The cells can only be cleared once a day and not every time the file opens.

Please help!

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pete

To go with Auk's code you can visit Chip Pearson's site and learn how to run
the code at a specific time.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP