Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Defining Custom Colors

I've made a macro that defines custom colors. What code will permit me to cutomize the ControlTip that is shown to the user when they have their cursor over each color

Let me explain. I am trying the code a macro where I have defined a blue that we internally call "Blue Pastel". I would like the name "Blue Pastel" to be displayed when the user is in the Background or font color menus and they put the cursor or that said color

Thanks in advance for your help

Daniel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Daniel,

There's no way to do this from Excel. The background color of the Excel
Comment object is controlled by the Windows tooltip background color
setting. If you change this setting (using the Desktop properties Appearance
tab, for example) the background color of Excel's cell comments will change.
But so will the background color of every other tooltip displayed everywhere
else in Windows, so it's not a very good idea to do this.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Daniel P" wrote in message
I've made a macro that defines custom colors. What code will permit me to

cutomize the ControlTip that is shown to the user when they have their
cursor over each color?

Let me explain. I am trying the code a macro where I have defined a blue

that we internally call "Blue Pastel". I would like the name "Blue Pastel"
to be displayed when the user is in the Background or font color menus and
they put the cursor or that said color.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think he wants to change the tooltip text to "Blue Pastel", leaving
the tooltip itself pale yellow.

I don't know whether this is possible.

- Jon
-------