Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Moh

Default custom colors for pie charts

I have a pipe chart tracking resin colors. It would be nice to assign each
pie piece the color it represents. For instance, yellow resin has been
assigned a blue pie piece, blue has been assigned a purple pie piece, etc. I
have 13 colors to track. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

If the colors are always in the same relative position in the list, make a
custom chart type, and use this type for all of your pie charts:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...stomTypes.html

If the colors are not always in the same position, then you could use a
macro to assign colors:

Scroll down to "Color by Category Label" near the end of the article.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services