-   -   custom colors for pie charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/68274-custom-colors-pie-charts.html)

Moh

custom colors for pie charts

I have a pipe chart tracking resin colors. It would be nice to assign each
pie piece the color it represents. For instance, yellow resin has been
assigned a blue pie piece, blue has been assigned a purple pie piece, etc. I
have 13 colors to track. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paperback Writer

custom colors for pie charts

This would be helpful to know. I am confronted with a similar dilemma.

"Moh" wrote:

I have a pipe chart tracking resin colors. It would be nice to assign each
pie piece the color it represents. For instance, yellow resin has been
assigned a blue pie piece, blue has been assigned a purple pie piece, etc. I
have 13 colors to track. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon Peltier

custom colors for pie charts

If the colors are always in the same relative position in the list, make a
custom chart type, and use this type for all of your pie charts:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...stomTypes.html

If the colors are not always in the same position, then you could use a
macro to assign colors:

Scroll down to "Color by Category Label" near the end of the article.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services