Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default what does .Find return

Hi NG
I am a Newbie! Anyway here is my question

With Worksheets("TABLE").Range("a1").EntireColumn
set ABC = .Find(.....)
end with

What is ABC?! The reason i ask is because i want to store ABC in an array
for later use. I have looked in the documentation under Find and it says
NOTHING about the type of ABC.

It just might be me, but I really think that the documentation of VBA is
below average!!!

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mark,

With Worksheets("TABLE").Range("a1").EntireColumn
set ABC = .Find(.....)
end with

What is ABC?! The reason i ask is because i want to store ABC in an array
for later use. I have looked in the documentation under Find and it says
NOTHING about the type of ABC.

ABC will be a Range object (a single cell in this case).

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the quick answer :-)

I would really prefer to get such answers from the documentation instead of
the NG. I find the VBA help/documentation a bit confusing. The returned
object is important to me, because i have heard that performance might
suffer badly if i just used object.

Anyway i found that i should use a collection instead to save my ABC
objects. I really don't know if that is smart, when thinking of performance,
because the object is determined in run-time.

Mark

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote in message
Hi Mark,

With Worksheets("TABLE").Range("a1").EntireColumn
set ABC = .Find(.....)
end with

What is ABC?! The reason i ask is because i want to store ABC in an

array
for later use. I have looked in the documentation under Find and it says
NOTHING about the type of ABC.

ABC will be a Range object (a single cell in this case).

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mark,

Anyway i found that i should use a collection instead to save my ABC
objects. I really don't know if that is smart, when thinking of performance,
because the object is determined in run-time.

Maybe you can use one single range object and use the union method to add each
found cell to it?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP